India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and has driven massive infrastructure development. India’s logistics sector has also attracted attention in recent years, with rising disposable incomes and growing demand for services. People are now looking for the best logistic stocks in India to invest in.
Logistics is the efficient transportation and storage of goods from their origin to their point of consumption. They offer many services, from local transportation in urban areas to large freight transportation.
At a high level, this division includes all supply chain activities such as transportation, customer service, inventory management, information flow and order processing, warehousing, material handling, packaging, and maintenance.
In this blog, we cover the best logistics stocks in India that have the potential to offer investors high returns. Also, it would be best if you considered some factors before investing in these stocks.
Factors to Consider Before Investing in Logistic Stocks
Investors should consider several aspects before investing in logistics stocks to make an informed decision. Here are some important points to consider:
Economic conditions can have a significant impact on the logistics sector. Therefore, economic conditions, inflation, and interest rates should be considered when buying logistic stocks.
There are multiple competitors in the highly competitive logistics industry. Investors should therefore evaluate the company’s competitors, including their market position, pricing policies and expansion opportunities.
Government policies and regulations can have a significant impact on the logistics sector. Investors should therefore evaluate how government actions such as taxes, tariffs, and restrictions affect a company’s financial performance.
Technologies such as automation, digitization and artificial intelligence are causing many upheavals in logistics. Investors should assess how such disruptions impact business operations and future growth potential.
Risks in the logistics industry include supply chain disruptions, accidents, and natural disasters. Investors should evaluate a company’s risk management policies and processes to ensure that the company is managing these risks appropriately.
5 Best Logistic Stocks Companies to Invest in India
The following best list of logistics stocks is based on their historical performance in terms of revenue growth, dividends, stock growth, market capitalization, etc. and their expected direction in 2023 and beyond.
1. Container Corporation of India
- Founded in 1988 and headquartered in New Delhi. Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR), an Indian public logistics company, is focused on providing logistics and transportation services for containerized cargo.
- CONCOR has a depots and container ports network in India, providing complete logistics solutions to its customers. The company’s operations include various operations such as container handling, warehousing, transportation and customs clearance.
- CONCOR boasts an overwhelming share of the container logistics industry and has expanded its business. The company is also considering the possibility of expanding overseas.
- It is a privately owned logistics company Delhi Ltd was founded in 2011. The company provides comprehensive logistics solutions to retailers, e-commerce companies and other organizations in India.
- Delhivery has a network of distribution facilities, warehouses, and fulfilment centres across India, providing various services such as last-mile delivery, transportation, and warehousing.
- The company uses technology to provide effective logistics solutions, such as customized transportation management systems, route optimization algorithms and real-time tracking.
- Rapidly growing in recent years, Delhivery holds a dominant market share in India’s e-commerce logistics industry.
3. Blue Dart Express
- Indian logistics company Blue Dart Express Ltd specializes in courier and express delivery services. Listed in the list of top 10 logistics stocks in India.
- Blue Dart offers door-to-door delivery services to consumers through its network of over 14,000 locations, including over 7,500 cities across India.
- The organization provides services in various sectors like banking, healthcare, and e-commerce.
The company is not only exploring its potential for global development. Still, it is also expanding its operations into new regions in India.
- Blue Dart focuses on technology and actively invests in digital solutions to improve operational efficiency and enhance customer service.
4. Shipping Corporation Of India
- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd (SCI) is India’s national shipping company.
The company was founded in 1961 and primarily aimed to provide reliable and affordable shipping services to its domestic and international customers.
- SCI’s 61 vessels include crude oil tankers, product tankers, container ships, bulk carriers and passenger/cargo ships.
The company operates worldwide and provides various shipping services such as ship management, charter and sea training. Therefore, it is one of the best logistics stocks to invest in this year.
5. VRL Logistics
- VRL Logistics Ltd is an Indian logistics and transportation company. Vijay Sankeshwar founded the company in 1976 as a modest goods delivery service.
- VRL Logistics now has an extensive logistics and transportation network, including parcel and full truck loading services, warehousing and delivery activities.
- They have an overwhelming presence in India and have about 5,000 vehicles, including trucks, trailers, and tankers. In addition, they provide international freight forwarding services through our subsidiaries.
Logistics is linked to almost every sector in the country. Demand and growth prospects for the logistic stocks will increase exponentially as the country’s infrastructure expands rapidly.
Many proven and reliable logistics stock options within this sector have skyrocketed in recent years. It provides many options for investors looking to diversify their portfolios.